Severne Overdrive M2
The OverDrive focuses on maximum reaching speed with increased twist and less back-hand pressure. A lighter weight means improved handling characteristics. A moderate width sleeve, 7 battens and 3 cams provide draft stability through a huge wind range. Combined with a higher aspect ratio, the OverDrive M2 has impeccable handling characteristics; a lightweight feel, with softer flex. Smaller sizes (5.5 and down) have 6 battens to increase flex and control for when conditions get extreme. The new OverDrive M2 benefits directly from advances made on the Mach2 development. Increased depth below the boom adds drive and stability whilst the mid and upper leech have been opened more to decrease drag. Flow aligned battens further improve aerodynamics. The resulting performance is explosive acceleration and big numbers on the GPS. The OverDrive M2 can be run on either RDM masts or SDM masts.
Key differences between the Mach 2 and OverDrive M2 are;
- SLEEVE WIDTH: 33% narrower than Mach1 for lower weight and less water retention.
- BOOM LENGTH: 10cm shorter on most sizes for less back-hand pressure.
- WEIGHT: Lighter, softer feel
- RDM COMPATIBLE: Compatible with both RDM and SDM masts
- UPGRADES FOR 2019
- FLOW ALIGNED BATTENS
- REDUCED WEIGHT
- IMPROVED SPEED AND ACCELERATION
- CONSTRUCTION NOTES
- MONOFILM BODY – MAXIMUM STABILITY AND PERFORMANCE
- KEVLAR X-PLY LUFF SLEEVE – MINIMAL VERTICAL STRETCH WITH HORIZONTAL ELASTICITY
- TUBE BATTENS – HIGH PERFORMANCE STABILITY
|SIZE||LUFF||BOOM||BATTENS||WEIGHT (KG)||CAMS||HEAD||RECOMENDED MAST|