Based on the technology developed in the REFLEX program, the OVERDRIVE is race a tuned performance sail in an accessible package. It is optimized for reaching at speed and off the wind performance. It combines a lightweight feel with acceleration and exceptional top speed with stability.
The OVERDRIVE features the REFLEX System, locking tension forward in the sail while the leech is automatically freed to independently twist and flex under load. This maintains a forward draft position, maximizing speed and acceleration over a previously unachievable wind range.
Developing this sail to perform on lower carbon content masts and avoiding fragile components, such as carbon tube battens, has increased the durability and reduced the cost of the sail. A narrower sleeve with the neoprene closure discourages water from entering the luff. This feature keeps improves aerodynamics and keeps the sail light for easier water starting and up-hauling.
Faster – Finer entry profile and increased depth behind the sleeve.
Reduced weight – Less x-ply and less seams.
Increased stability – Stiffer e3 laminate.
- REFLEX System – The unique SEVERNE REFLEX System redefines the dynamics of batten tension technology. Foil tension is locked forward in the sail while the leech is automatically freed to twist and flex under load. This maintains a forward draft position, maximizing speed and acceleration in a previously unachievable wind range.
- Dropped Clew with Dual Clew Positions – Allows reduced boom and luff lengths. Reduces swing weight, increases stability and works in unison with the REFLEX System to allow leech to twist and flex under load. Dual clew position allows different clew heights for different sizes of rider and sail behavior.
- Sleeve Profiler – Stiffer material inserted into the front of the sleeve increases the efficiency of airflow over the leading edge of the sail
- Neoprene Boom Fairing – Improves aerodynamics of the sail and inhibits water from entering the luff, keeping the rig light
- Stabilizor Panel – Thicker film designed to hold the 3D shaping of this critical area. This feature reduces the vertical stretch of the sail over time. It preserves the precise shaping of the sail and creates a more stable foil shape when the sail is under load.