Just go surf
The design of this model drew reference on other much loved Starboard designs, scaling down an Avanti outline, as well as using the rails and bottom shape of the popular Wedge range.
At 31” wide, the outline and flat deck gives solid stability to paddle at ease, yet the pulled in tail and thin rails make it very responsive to manoeuvre through turns.
The length gets into waves early and is fast to paddle back out to the sets, while still agile to swing the nose around in classic longboard style. For those looking for a board that can cruise, surf and is easy to transport, the GO Surf ticks all those boxes.
DESIGNED FOR SURF AND CRUISE
The flat deck utlises the full width of the board, giving you a very stable standing area for when its choppy. This flat deck makes the board feel like a wider board in stability.
Offers you good paddle speed for cruising, yet has enough kick in the nose to prevent nose diving, and a moderate tail kick to lift the nose through turns. The nose riding performance of the Go Surf really surprised us, feeling super stable so you can ride toes on the nose.
• The rail thickness is fuller in the mid-section to provide float and cruising speed.
• The rails are taken from the popular Wedge range and require less pressure to engage on the wave face.
The nose and tail have thinner rails to reduce both the swing weight through turns and to give you more bite to engage the rail through turns.
Has a vee throughout for easy to rail to rail transitions, and turning the board from the mid point.
On the nose allow you to store gear when cruising. The bungee rope can be removed when surfing to freely ride the nose.
Offers good drive and hold through turns, while the quad offers more release and speed. Recommended to switch to a single larger fin for flat-water paddling. 170 center fin and 4.7” side fins are supplied with the board.
TIMELESS LOOK, SOLID PERFORMANCE
- Twin T-stringers made from glass fibre are positioned on the deck and bottom of the board close to the rail, providing a massive increase in the overall strength against total breakage in surf.
- An additional wide layer of 200g glass wraps the rails for higher strength against paddle impact and further reinforces the overall strength against buckling.
- The deck features reinforced biaxial glass and Australian pine, to resist heel dents and impact from the standing area.
- The nose and tail are wrapped in multiple layers of glass fiber for further strength on these impact zones.