Redesigned from the ground up, the new Ronstan Clear Start™ timer is loaded with additional functionality and winning features that provide improved performance, durability and service life.
Innovative Race Functions with Bold New Styling
Ronstan’s Clear Start™ race timer has been completely updated with bold new styling and true sailing functionality. Besides the fresh new look, it features large buttons, easy-to-read displays and advanced intuitive programming designed specifically with the racing sailor in mind. Developed with input from some of the world’s top sailors, Clear Start™ watches and timers are sure to set the standard for years to come. If you’re looking for a simple competitive edge, the difference is Clear Start™.
Large, Quick-View Displays
Oversized digit displays provide easy viewing. The Race Timer features huge, 16mm (5/8″) numbers that can be easily viewed by the crew when mounted to the boom or mast base.
Race Sequence Resynchronization
All racing sailors know how hard it can be to get the watch going at the exact second the start sequence is commenced. With the handy SYNC function, you can quickly resynchronise the Clear Start™ to the official race time. A simple press of a button allows you to drop down to the next minute, allowing you to get your starting sequence back in perfect SYNC at the next opportunity.
Pre-programed Race Sequence Sounds
The intuitive Clear Start™ sound signals let you know exactly where you are in the start sequence without looking at the display. Pre-programmed with ISAF 5-4-1-0 and Match Racing start sequences, it can also be programmed for other countdown sequences by the user. Sound signals can be turned off, if desired.
End of Sequence – Countdown or Count Up
Depending on the user’s preference, the watch can be set up to auto repeat the countdown at the end of the sequence for general recall restarts, or to start counting up to track elapsed time.
Multi-line Display with Real Time
No need to switch between countdown and time modes because the actual time is displayed below the countdown time on the new multi-line Clear Start™ display.
Bold and Functional Styling
Redesigned for a new generation, the Clear Start™ timer offers clean modern styling without sacrificing usability. The versatile, large-faced Race Timer can be worn as a watch or mounted remotely for easy viewing by the entire crew.
Standard modes include 12 or 24 hour time format, date in day/month or month/day format, daily alarm and chronograph (stop watch).
Bright, full-face electroluminescent backlighting is easy to read at night and can be turned on temporarily for a quick view.
Water and Shock Resistant
Designed to survive the rigours of competitive sailing, Clear Start™ timers are water resistant to up to 50m (150ft) and are highly shock resistant.
- New match racing sequence is pre-programmed with sound signals at critical times in the countdown, including at the Attention, Warning and Preparatory signals, as well as at the end of Pre-start Entry time.• Backlight and alarm functions.
- Dedicated modes for Racing funcations and Time functions, with immediate switching between the two.
- Two-line display, with date and seconds displayed on the second line when in time-of-day function.
- Oversized, low-profile buttons.
- Two batteries for extended service life.
- Improved snap fit between timer and cradle.
- Heavy duty buckle.
- Time, hours/minutes/seconds — 12 or 24hr format
- Month/Day or Day/Month format
- Daily alarm
- Chronograph – Including hours and time of the day
- Luminescent backlight
- Battery-saving mode — light can be turned off
- Shock resistant
Race Mode Features
- Multiple Start Sequence options — ISAF 5,4,1,0, Match Racing, User Set.
- SYNChronisation function — auto-correction if you start the countdown early or late.
- Multi-line display — Start Sequences + Time.
- Loud intuitive lead-up and start sound signals.
- Countdown repeat or Count down and up options (for elapsed race time).
- Separate fast access Race and Time mode scrolling.
- Water resistant to 5 ATM (50m/150ft) — double gasket seals
- Ronstan #RF4030
- 65mm (2 9/16″) diameter face
- Oversized 16mm (5/8″) digit display
- Rotating face
- Wrist/Hull/Mast/Boom mount options
- 30mm (1 1/8″) wide stretch nylon band with security loop
- Easy-use, flush fit buckle
- Dual batteries
- Extra-large easy-press silicon buttons with highlighted Start/Stop button
- Weight 92g (3.3oz)
- Ronstan #RF4030