The most technologically advanced freeride shapes. Class-leading top-end speeds across a mega-wide wind range: the sporty, race-DNA Futuras are for freeracers who want to tune and maximize performance. The 2016 Futuras introduce the world’s lightest UltraCore Carbon board technology and come fitted with Drake’s flagship Ready-To-Race slalom fins.
- Shapes: from the same design program as the iSonics, the Futuras are as fast in top end speed with a more comfortable sailing position and with more footstrap position options.
- Rocker: all Futuras use the equivalent size iSonic rockerline, the basis for their top racing performance.
- Outline: wide outlines for low speed stability, with narrower tails for maximum jibing performance and higher speeds. Open-angled cut-away shapes prevent water trapping and reduces turbulence.
- Profile: extra thin with a deep deck concave for maximum control, the lowest centre of gravity and a more efficient vertical sail position.
- Rail shape: rounder and thinner than an iSonic, for more carving bite and easier jibing. Domed decks and inboard/outboard insert positions allow Futuras to be tuned for accessibility or maximum performance.
- UltraCore: The World’s lightest windsurf board construction using a new Starboard proprietary sandwich core material with up to 50% higher mechanical properties. A unidirectional Carbon layer adds extra crispness and rigidity in the planing section of the board. Wood Reflex: a full PVC Sandwich Core deck construction with Biax Glass for reflex and an Australian pine wood bottom for the unique Starboard Wood feel. Both techs include a full perimeter Carbon Innegra rail band that creates a rigid frame and increases rail impact resistance.
- Futura 144 and 154 special: two new extra-wide models, for the best in light wind freerace performance.
- New Drake Ready to Race Slalom fins: maximum speed, maximum glide.