Advertencia: ¡Últimos artículos en inventario!
Formula racing is the modern format of windsurfing course-racing, which is a close cousin of sail-boat racing.
Formula racing starts in just 5 knots of wind, with no upper wind limit. Unlike a slalom course, a racing course requires maximum upwind performance and maximum downwind performance. Finally, Formula racing allows only one board to be used. These parameters are to become the key drivers of Formula board design.
First introduced in 1998, Starboard’s Formula was the first wide-style racing board. This truly turned the racing scene on its head, as no other board could beat its upwind, downwind and early-planing performance. By 2000, it dominated the racing scene by taking the top 6 in the World Championships.
Throughout the decade, Starboard’s Formula continued to dominate, with 11 top positions in the 2006 World Championships. In 2007, Formula rules changed, requiring board designs to be frozen for two years. 2008 and 2009 boards were identical. 2010 and 2011 boards were identical. 2012 marks the next generation board that will remain identical for 2013.
And you can be sure that Starboard’s R&D team has stopped nothing short of two new revolutionary designs.
|1) Thinner nose – reduces unwanted nose weight
2) New nose outline – with rounded-off corners to avoid catching off the back of waves.
3) New pure carbon construction deck and bottom: Biax 150 carbon on the deck, UD80 carbon on the bottom.
4) Lowered mast track – improves control and makes your rig posi- tion more vertical, which helps to hold your board down and maintain mast-foot pressure.
5) High performance racing straps, with minimal pads to save weight
6) New downwind stance with ergonomic heel recesses - for our biggest downwind advantage yet. You can apply more lift on you downwind runs and it’s so much more comfortable.
|1) New flatter rocker with a longer flat section (90cm) - improves lightwind acceleration.
2) Special oversized cutaway designs with two levels – they bring out the best of the 90cm wide tail. These cut-aways liven up the board, let the wide tail ride free, accentuate acceleration and improve top speed.
The Formula 167 Wide is the model with more power and more lightwind emphasis. Ideal for medium weight and heavy weight riders.
The Formula 167 uses a 84cm wide tail, giving the board incredible up- and downwind performance, with more control than the 90cm wide tail of the 167 Wide. It is the Formula model with more control and more highwind emphasis. Ideal for medium weight and light weight riders.
No hay reseñas de clientes en este momento.